Sucia Island Cruise
April 21 - April 22, 2012
Eager boaters will start arriving on Friday, the 20th, to get dock space and do some early socializing, with the main contingent on Saturday. Get there when you can! We will have a dock party Friday night, for cocktails and light snacks. Don’t be bashful about bringing something good.
- We are looking forward to a big turn-out (16 or more boats have shown up the last few years). It is a great cruise for new cruisers, with plenty of help for docking, rafting, grabbing a buoy or anchoring.
- We will all be in Fossil Bay, primarily at the innermost, westernmost dock. There are campsites nearby. This is a family friendly cruise, and Sucia is a family friendly island. Kids or grandkids are welcome. State Park moorage fees will apply for use of the dock or the mooring buoys.
- Saturday the racers will be joining the cruise with a one way race from Anacortes to a finish line just outside Fossil Bay.
- Activities include lots of hiking, beach sitting, kite flying, cribbage tournament and napping. Spontaneous activities encouraged.
- The highlight of the weekend, the annual Hawaiian Ugly Shirt Contest, will happen Saturday evening. Bring your best, brightest, or worst, attire. Prizes will be awarded.
- Dock appetizers on Friday at 5:00, scavenger / knowledge hunt Saturday at 1:30, ugly Hawaiian T-shirts at 4:30, awards at 5:30 (scavenger / knowledge hunt and T-shirt) followed by potluck BBQ. The Saturday evening bonfire and BBQ cookout will follow the cocktail hour. Bring your own meat, a passing dish, an hors d'oeuvre, and your beverage of choice. Also, if there is room on your boat, please bring a couple of pieces of firewood!
- On Saturday there will be a minus 0.3 foot tide and Sunday a minus 0.7 foot tide, so plan your docking, mooring buoy, or anchoring accordingly .
- Please let us know you are coming by registering at AYC Event Registration (registration will be activated soon)
Questions? Contact Cruise Captain Warren Walz, firstname.lastname@example.org, 360-293-0601.
Monitoring Channel 72 enroute.
Morning Mist in Fossil Cove (outside dock)
Sucia Island State Park Maplet